Saturday, September 5, 2009

Food Critics We SHOULD Be

We love to go out, experiance new things, especially when it involves food.

A few times we have talked about being food critics.

Well, today we officially had our first "bad review."

I told Sam about a resturant that was really good the last time I went.... he took me there for lunch today. The bad news is that it has completely changed since I was there! Totally new resturant! Well, this one SUCKED.

The menu looked good... but when the food was delivered it all failed to measure up, miserably.

The "light creamy broth" was more of rice floating in cloudy water.....

The sushi rolls were made with warm mushy rice....

Nothing really measured up.

Afterwards Sam nodded in approval at my choice of words when I used, "UNSATISFYING"....

Then we stopped at Mad Greek. Even though I had to enter the kitchen through the back door to use the restroom (which was shared with stored dish detergent and a grill grate)... the food was reliably delicious.

There ya have it....
YELLOW FIN (in Sugarhouse) -- 1 out of 10 (for the decor)
MAD GREEK (in Salt Lake City) -- 9 out of 10 (only lacking in comfort of restroom facilities)

2 comments:

becky said...

You should be food critics via your blog. Then maybe local restaurants would get to know you and then they would give you great service and free food in hopes of a great review.

Unknown said...

We have thought about it!! I would love to review more than just food in the area.... activities, festivals, etc...
Sam and I seem to always be out and doing something, it might be a fun way to serve the community, and maybe make some money through advertising and things!!
Just an idea....