Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Moab -- the land of Beauty and Blisters

Last weekend a good friend of mine had a business trip that was wonderfully close to Moab, I was offered a chance to tag along and took advantage of it... sometimes 28 hour trips are the best ones, they can fit right in and hardly even interupt life at home.

We were by Moab and Arches National Park and took advantage of it. This is Corona Arch, it is actually outside of the park and our last hike of the day. It was a great hike!! I was exhausted and after four hikes already that day I was a little unnerved at the fact I had to climb ladders and hold onto chains so I didn't fall off the side of the cliffs... my legs were tired, I was tired... but it was well worth it and I had a great sense of accomplishment and wonder at the beauty of it all.

These great train tracks were at the beginning of the Corona Arch hike, I couldn't pass them by!! What a great photo op!

This is me inside Double Arch, can you see me?? It's a magnificent structure where two arches converge, almost like you are in a domed tent. It's breathtaking. It was pretty fun to be able to climb up on everything as well.


This is a picture taken through a little window on the Delicate Arch hike. On our way back down from the hike we hiked up and snapped a few shots. Great view!

Delicate Arch from the main view point (yep, it's the one on the license plates).

This is the view off the East side of Delicate Arch, it was a great view!! While we were standing at the cliff looking over the great expanses of red rock the wind started to pick up. We decided to sit and have a snack, and good thing we did!! The wind picked up! The gusts were something to contend with! It would have been mighty scary to still be perched on that cliff when the winds kicked up like that.

Can you see me sitting at the base of Delicate Arch?? It's a great little spot to just sit and relax.... and it dosen't hurt that it's a famous landmark. :)


Throughout the day we had a good time exploring and soaking in the beauty and peace. Being outside on such a GORGEOUS day and in the middle of no where truly does something amazing for the soul.

Owen always gives me a hard time for taking pictures of my feet... but these tan lines are great. Dontcha think?? :) (they look more dramatic in real life)

3 comments:

Going Full Hippie said...

I love cool tan lines on the feet. It is my favorite spot to be tan!

Zannah said...

Just had to say that I really love that shade of pink on you; it's hard to look hot in hiking pictures, but somehow you manage it. Teach me?

Unknown said...

Aw, thank you for the kind words Zannah!! I would never put myself in the "hot hiker" category, but if you insist I'm there I'll let you in on the secret.

1. wake up and get dressed.
2. don't put on any makeup.
3. pile your hair on top of your head.
4. forget sunscreen
5. stand out in the wind all day till you feel like a matted dog.
6. Smile, you are in nature for heaven's sake.
There ya have it.... Love you!!

Oh, and Abs. Seriously, this criss cross pattern on my feet is pretty comical. (Zannah, thats another tip for you.... wierd tan lines). haha.