Tuesday, June 16, 2009

DEVESTATION

They threw away my scale....

On my whole weight loss adventures I have only weighed in on ONE scale, the scale here at work.

Today I came in and went for a quick weigh-in, but I couldn't find the scale! I searched high and low... finally I saw one of the adminstrators and asked, "Have you seen the scale?" Her phone started ringing and she quickly blurted out...

"We threw it away."

WHATTTT??!!!? You threw it away??? I just nodded and then stepped out of her view before a look of horror and astonishment crossed my face...

How am I supposed to get an accurate reading now? How am I supposed to compare last week to this week? It would have been helpful to be able to weigh on two different scales on the same day. That would at least give me a starting off point with my new scale... but NO. No such luck.

So, now not only do I not know how this week technically compares to last week.... but now I'm on the hunt for a new scale.

Yes, I know this isn't a HUGE deal.... it can only be a couple pounds different, right? Well, a couple pounds is about my weekly loss, so hopefully it dosen't kill all momentum for me. My chart may now be all screwed up, that downward line may not be so downward anymore!!! Well, at least for this week....

So now here is the question... what scale am I close to at least once a week? Hummm.... I'm on the hunt.

1 comment:

becky said...

Don't you go to the gym. I always weigh in at the gym. But I hear your pain. I have been in the same situation. I have thought about buying one of my own but I am too cheap to buy a good one.