Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Am I Old?

I am currently working a hockey showcase.... this week is 14 to 16 year olds. Next week is 17-21 year olds.

I was just recently sitting watching one of my injured players return to the ice for the first time today. We had a little talk before he stepped onto the ice and I was making sure he was good to go for practice this morning.... The dad sitting next to me asked, "does your son play forward or defense?"

My response, "Oh! He's not my son. I do the medical coverage for this camp and he is one of the injured players."

His response, "Ah, well you never know. You could easily have a kid out there...."

While I'm not sure what his true intentions of saying that were, he is prob right. If I had one of these baby 14 year olds when I myself was 14 then yes, I COULD have a son out here.

But I DON'T. I'm SINGLE. CHILDLESS (other than you, Porter... I miss your furry little self). And definately NOT a mother to any of these children.

However, I'm starting to realize.... maybe I'm getting old. I still FEEL young! Dosen't that count for something?!? Isn't 28 the new 18?? I'm going to say it is.

1 comment:

becky said...

People don't think before saying things. otherwise people would not ask my little Cait all dressed in pink with a flower on her head and a bracelet on her wrist, "What is HIS name?" Of course I am a brat and answer "Her name is Cait, see she is wearing a dress" I sure hope that 28 is the new 18 because I am saying 31 is the new 21. :)