Sunday, September 2, 2012

MY FIRST REPEAT


Yep, that's me... starting my first repeat triathlon. This same race was my very first triathlon, this same weekend last year.... can you believe that now it is my SEVENTH!! Crazy town!

Mom, Wint and Brittney came to cheer me on... I always love having a support crew. It makes it fun during the bike to wonder where they will pop up along the course.


The bike portion was SUPER HILLY. Crazy hills, and lots of them. I conquered two hills standing up, which has always been a struggle for me, so I felt like I had a big accomplishment there. Overall I feel like I did well on the bike course, I am interested to see my time.... it should be a good one.


Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate!! Now onto the 5k....


I survived the pouring rain, lightining, thunder, another SUPER HILLY run course.... We ran through the State Mental Hospital  grounds with are always beautiful, but a little creepy as you run past the razor-wire yard. Too bad none of the crazies were out, I probably would have ran a little faster. haha.


The people that take off your chip at the finish line are some of my favorite volunteers, because as I am standing there with my legs shaking and my whole body tingling they bend over to take off my chip, so I don't have to.


Yep, crazy weather, but we survived.... and the brand new shoes got their introduction to mud


Yep, that's me feeling good.... Cool, rainy weather, a great conquering bike course, a fun successful run, no swim (due to lightening), but a successful seventh race if I do say so myself! It's always a good day when this smile busts out at the finish line!!


No comments: