Friday, October 7, 2011

Prepping for TAKE TWO

Take Two is tomorrow morning. My 2nd sprint triathlon. Just saying that makes a smile cross my face.

This will be a tough one. Weather projections are 41 degrees with wind and rain. Not exactly ideal weather to be jumping into a pool, then on a bike, then running.... but, all the better to make memories, right? Well, that's what I'm trying to tell myself. :)


I'm making my packing list for tomorrow. I'm trying to be prepared for the weather, yet not over prepare. My triathlon coaches keep telling me that I won't need as many clothes as I think I will, that I will heat up faster than I expect to.

I am going to change my transition strategies though. I am going to strip off as much as possible after my swim, I think I will be best served by getting off as many wet clothes as possible.

Last night Poppa and I went out for a bike ride in the rain. I was able to try out an outfit that I thought would work and use my new cold weather biking gloves that I got - LOVE THEM! Definitely worth the investment....

The weather was gorgeous last night, a little sprinkle, cold autumn air, gorgeous sunset on the snow covered mountains.... BEAUTIFUL! It was the perfect last ride of the week. Today is a rest day. Tomorrow I'm going to KILL IT. :)

Updates to come.

No comments: