Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Oktoberfest

Yesterday I went to Oktoberfest up at Snowbird. Some of my family went and we had a great time.

It was funny, I wasn't really in the mood to drink.... so I only had a few sips of other people's, but I was excited to try all the food. We pretty much got one of everything and everyone sampled the tray. It was the perfect way to learn about German cuisine.

I LOVED LOVED LOVED the chicken-apple sausage. The German Chocolate cake was TO DIE FOR (even tho I'm usually not a big sweet fan) and the Beef Roulade is a new favorite, I am going to have to learn how to make that one.

The setting was gorgeous and mountains were breathtaking. It felt so good to be outside all day in the crisp, clean air.

I had a good time, but like most things lately it was a bit hard. It made me miss my exploring partner. He is the one that introduced me to the "get one of everything" trick. We loved exploring, trying new things, finding all sorts of adventures. We always enjoyed festivals like this, especially if they had something a bit different - like Oktoberfest.

I've missed him a lot lately. I know people don't understand that... they only remember the bad. But I miss the good. I miss my exploring partner, my snuggle partner, my eater who was always willing to try my concoctions, my hot tub partner, my comic relief, my useless-fact encyclopedia, my muscles, my experimenter, etc, etc, etc.

Now I'm exploring on my own.... and for right now it's a bit of a struggle.

No comments: