Tuesday, September 21, 2010

A day of dirt and fashion

Last week I was asked to work a BMX/Motocross event, these things are always tons of fun.

We had a lot going on and were out in the dirt all day. These athletes are easily some of the most down-to-earth and friendly athletes out there. The whole day is filled with smiles and laughs, families and friends.

It is always an incredibly fun day to people watch. The tattoos these guys sport are always amazing. Some gorgeous, some hideous -- but ALWAYS entertaining.

Then there are the girls.... the wives/girlfriends are the ones that show up in flipflops, jeans and a shirt. Sure, they are usually really cute and gorgeous, but they get this drill. They know what it is like to spend all day in the sun and dirt.

Then there are girls like this..... honestly, how does one even come up with the idea to take scissors to a normal man's t-shirt and create this lovely frock?


Seriously, these were event t-shirts. Normal t-shirts... but apparently the new fashion is to transform them to your liking... which always seems to involve amazing amounts of skin and cleavage. These girls weren't the only t-shirt artists there that day, but they were probably my favorites.

All in all we had a great day. The weather was GORGEOUS and the tricks were awesome. I think a good time was had by all.


I usually don't drink energy drinks... but since Red Bull was sponsoring the stuff was EVERYWHERE. I had one and seriously felt like I was going explode. That stuff is crazy!!


The thing about working motocross is that you are usually REALLY close to things. It's actually a bit of a dangerous situation if things go awry. I was up on a jump for most of the day... these guys were whizzing past and putting some serious wind in my hair. I was a huge dust ball by the end.



Seriously, it's after days like these that I realize how much I love being an athletic trainer... if only all days at work were this much fun.

1 comment:

becky said...

Did you get any great injuries? come on it is the Athletic Trainer in me. you know those guys get some crazy nasty injuries, that people like us love to see. Looks like you had a great day.