Saturday, May 16, 2009

Getting Rid of It

Today I tried on every single piece of clothing in my closet. Literally.

Formal dresses, skirts, tshirts, shorts, etc.If I didnt like it, it was too big (which is the majority of it) or it didn't fit right anymore I got rid of it. I had two piles on my bed. KEEP and GET RID OF.

By the end of the ordeal (and multiple opinions from my patient friends) I had a larger GET RID OF pile than KEEP.

I cried a few times... like when I realized that I had to get rid of my favorite jeans because they are just simply too big. Owen said they look like pirate pants instead of jean capris like they are supposed to. He's probably right, if I did a little jig they would fall off....

I guess I'll just have to go shopping in the future!! But I'm trying to put that off as long as possible... I just don't see the point in buying more clothes if I'm going to keep losing weight. However, I am running low on clothes now.

The urgent thing right now is having clothes to wear in Indy. Hope came over and together we found some outfits that will work. It took a bit of creativity and me getting used to my "new body" (as Owen calls it)... but I think it is going to work.

So now I get the great process of taking pictures of clothes to sell on eBay and going for a DI run.

Oh, and my closet is EMPTY. It looks like I was robbed. :)

1 comment:

Jim Family said...

HEY why wasnt i there?!?!?!