Sunday, January 6, 2013

Vegetarian Dog

Sunday is a day of food prep. I headed to the pool today right after I woke up and by the time I got home I was pretty stinkin' hungry... so into the kitchen I went, followed closely by my vegetarian dog.

He knows that if I'm cooking he will get the scraps that come from the cutting board, so he waits patiently, about six inches from my feet, sitting like a statue, but that stare.....

Today he feasted on broccoli, carrot ends, and a bit of pineapple just because I took pity on him.

I am really starting to love using my organic coconut oil... and produced this delicious meal of sauteed pineapple, broccoli and carrots and pan fried talapia. YUMMM.


Then this afternoon I did some more food prep and Ike once again waited patiently and quickly feasted on celery ends, cucumber ends and some red pepper.

He's crazy, my Vegetarian Dog.

I'm feeling pleasantly prepared for this coming week. It's always easier to eat well when you have yummy things at the ready.

I am getting sick of a few things that we were eating last week, so I froze the two servings that are still in the fridge, and I'm making a few more things for this week.

Currently in the works are shrimp/cucumber salad and some carne asada in the crockpot for salads and tacos using lettuce as "shells". Sounds yummy....

And, I'll tell ya, my knee is still FREAKING OUT when it gets wheat.... yesterday was a doozy.....
And my body is liking how I've been eating. I can feel that I'm a little leaner this week than last....

Happy Monday Ya'll!! May you battle the "Revolutioners" successfully.

p.s. Kale chips are now out of the oven and really good! To date this is the only way I have found that I can eat kale.... Coach James says eat kale, so kale chips it is!!



No comments: