Wednesday, August 8, 2012

A COLORFUL LIFE

When I bought my house I knew I wanted to do something to the front yard and this wonderful porch, but I couldn't quite figure out what.  I went back and forth, even contemplating fencing the whole thing for a courtyard... but then I realized it would look like a compound and no one would be able to see the porch!! 

Well, I've been in my house for five months now (can you believe it?!?!) and I decided that it was finally time to do something. It needed some curb appeal....

So, here is the before.... 


And after a sweaty Saturday and Sunday this is what I came up with.


I knew I wanted color... so here it is!! I think that some of the eves will be purple in the near future... but I didn't get it done this weekend.

You can't really see it, but the address plaque is this gorgeous glass tile.... that same tile is also on the table top. That was a super fun project, I have been looking forward to it for awhile now.

I love it. At first I was a bit scared when I did that first stroke of the teal paint... but now that it has settled on me for a few days I am really liking it.

So, there ya have it. My grey and white house has a little pizazz now. Quite perfect for a girl like me, if I do say so myself....

No comments: