Friday, July 6, 2012

The bigger the key chain the more important you are

 My keychain used to look like this...


Now it looks like this,



and I couldn't be happier about it.

After four years of being "part-time" (yet working full-time hours) at Westminster College, we finally got word that this year budget was approved for me to be full-time staff/faculty.

So, this year I am moving over into the newer training room. For the past week I have been cleaning and rearranging. I can't take clutter and disorganization very well, so that was the first thing that needed to be fixed.

This year I will be responsible for Men's Soccer, Snowboarding (Men's and women's) and Cross Country/Track (Men's and Women's).

Men's soccer started yesterday. It's going to be a long, crazy season... but I am ready for the challenge and to prove that I can knock this out of the park.

I also took over the snowboard team, and I really mean took it over. My technical job title is "Head Coach", but it should really be Director of Operations or General Manager. I won't do much coaching, but I am in charge of everything else. So right now I am at my desk and taking a break from responding to recruits. Luckily I have watched my parents do this dance for years. I have watched them build teams and manage them awesomely, so while I know that this will be a huge job, I know that I can do a good job.

I am also taking over a new class to teach. I will be teaching Intro to Athletic Training, on top of my other three classes I teach in the health and wellness department. I will have a full schedule, but I am excited about it. Two days a week I will have three full hours of teaching. I love teaching, it makes me feel like I am doing some good in the world... so I am excited to get some good classroom time and tell some fun stories. This should be a great class for sharing stories, pictures, x-rays, videos, etc.... sound like a great time. :)

So, yes, it's only the beginning of July... and yes, I am already busy busy back at work. I didn't really get a summer this year, but then again, who does?

I have been working for this for a long time, and to be here at 31-years-old is an honor.

No comments: