Friday, September 16, 2011

Take Two

We are going to try this all again, that's right... another sprint triathlon!!

I just registered for this puppy.

http://www.ustrisports.com/FallFinale.html

It's run in typical order this time -- swim first, then bike, then run.

This will provide some interesting challenges, like what to wear in the pool (I'm thinking of necessary bra support for the run, but do I really want all of that to get wet during the swim??). How about hopping on a bike wet? Running after being on a bike for 12 miles? All these normal transition questions that happen in triathlons that have the swim first (unlike my last triathlon that mercifully had the swim last).

I'm excited. I get to push a bit harder and work on a few things that I knew I wanted to improve on from last time. I know now that I can finish this, so now I know I can push harder.

I don't think the hills will be as intense this time as they were last time. Although, I know now that I can rock hills. I found out last week that my gears were set up opposite of how I thought they were and I have nine more "easy" gears that I didn't know I had. Can you believe I did those hills last time without my nine easiest gears?!?! Ughh, well, at least I know I have them now!

I thought I would only get one go at a sprint tri this year, so to get a second try before the summer quits on us will be awesome.

I met a new friend last time and she is the one that told me about this triathlon... so here is to new friends and conquering new challenges!! Like we keep telling each other, WE CAN ROCK THIS!!

Now, back to that hard training schedule that I thought I could put away for a bit. :)

1 comment:

becky said...

You can do it and I can't wait to hear all about it.