Wednesday, September 14, 2011

My Sprint Triathlon!!

It started with a 5k (3.1 mile) run. I did fairly well considering there were a few hills and I wasn't really pushing it too hard because I knew I had this.... The 12 mile bike!!


Pops was an awesome coach on the bike course. He talked me through some really hard hills and was encouraging and supportive when I needed it the most.




Transition to the swim!







Running to the finish line!




My Pops was awesome. He has always been a great supporter of mine and today was no different!


Mom came to cheer for me through the swim. At the end of every lap they would give me encouraging words, it was so motivating!


Here is the pic I've been dreaming of! I DID IT!



This lady actually turned around on the bike course to come coach me on a hill. This is what I love about these races, everyone is so encouraging and motivating!!


Thanks for all the support you guys!! (including you Abby, thanks for being behind the camera and taking all these awesome pics!)


And it's over. Time for a huge salad lunch and an awesome post-event massage!




Now THIS is the face of a proud girl. I trained my butt off and I DID IT!!


Official times: 2 hours 15 minutes 45 seconds
3.1 km run: 49:27 minutes
run/bike transition: 3:54 minutes
12 mile bike: 1:05:48 hours
bike/swim transition: 1:56 minutes
400 meter swim: 14:43 minutes

I felt suprisingly awesome. I was tired, sure... but I finished everything strong! There are a few things that I want to improve on, but isn't that part of these things!?!?! Someone asked me afterwards if I was going to do another one, I promptly replied, "OF COURSE!"

Whenever someone asks me about my sprint tri, I smile from ear to ear. I think that's a great sign. This was such an incredible experiance for me. To realize that in 6 months I went from not being able to run 2 minutes to finishing a sprint triathlon. I AM DAMN PROUD OF MYSELF.

This has been an incredible year, one that I dedicated to me, promising myself that this year I would take care of me. Well, I have, and it feels wonderful. I've done things that I didn't know I could do... and the awesome part is that I'm going to keep doing them.

1 comment: