Monday, January 24, 2011

Don't Judge

I got a nook for Christmas. Its the Barnes and Noble version of the Kindle.

At first I was sceptical, but honestly... it's a lot of fun. I'm enjoying it.

On the Barnes and Noble website they have 100 free books for the Nook. You can get on and select which you would like and they will download to your Nook automatically.

Tonight at work I finished my book and went in search of a new one... I remembered the free books and logged in....

I click on the new books and find that easily 90% of them are harlequin romance novels.

Not. My. Usual. Cup. Of. Tea.

However, I decided to "branch out" and wheewww wheee!!

I'm having to monitor myself at work, make sure I'm not breathing hard or making weird noises.... I'm not sure my coworker would enjoy that.

We are locked in a room with each other all night. That might get a bit.... awkward....

However, the last one I read was only 30 pages long. Short and sweet. Well, I'm not sure "sweet" is the word..... but I am enjoying the short story format.

Maybe they will have more "short stories". For some reason those make me feel like I haven't completely fallen off the "respectable literature" cart.

I was honest....

Don't judge.

No comments: