Saturday, April 6, 2013

Bed Hog

It took three years, but it has finally happened.



I woke up the other morning and realized that I was smack dab in the middle of my queen size bed.

Three years ago I was back to sleeping by myself, but for some reason I always still slept on my side of the bed. Porter has enjoyed having a side of the bed all to his chihuahua self... but no longer little guy. For some reason three years has been the magic number, and I have taken over once again.

It took me by suprise a bit, but has also made me really content. Until you've been there I'm not sure you will ever understand. Just like that semi-annoying Taylor Swift song....


Until you have made the epic mistake of being under someone's thumb, you will never understand the true elation of realizing that you have freed yourself of it.

It has taken a long time, probably still will for other small battles.... but in some strange way I'm grateful for the lesson... and due to that I've learned that I can't keep my mouth shut about it.

I work with so many young women who need to understand this, that need to understand that even the strongest of women can get stuck here, that it is something that needs to be fought against, and that they aren't alone....

So here we are, supporting each other and being sooooo incredibly stoked to once again be a self-proclaimed

BED HOG!!

No comments: