Tuesday, August 9, 2011

My first commute

It's here!! And put together!! And everything is working great!!

I took it on my first commute to work tonight - 6 miles in 25 minutes... not bad!!


My awesome friend DJ put it together for me. His wife, Becky, helped me get it to fit in the car (I need a bike rack... = $$$$). The customer service guy talked me through shifting and I even put on my chain after I managed to knock it off.... I would say that's an overall success!!

I got a late start headed to work tonight, but I made fantastic time!! And here's the kicker.... I'm not even sore, my fancy padded bike shorts are working!!

My shoes are tight, but my feet will get used to being locked in. My outfit is super cute. My shoes actually match my bike (style points!). My helmet fits. And here's the kicker.... I'm learning how to pack light since I have to carry it all in my backpack for 6 miles one way - I left the huge luggage-purse at home!

My shoes that I bought off e-bay (screaming deal!!) already came with the cleats I needed to fit my pedals.... another lucky break!

I think me and this road bike were meant to be.

I mean seriously, it's been too easy! I even learned how to clip into my pedals (and get out) in less than three minutes! I'm a pro! (I will take that back after my first crash, I'm sure.)

I'm pretty stoked about riding to work tonight..... although, I'm betting I'm not going to be that stoked when I have to ride home at 6:30 in the morning. :)

2 comments:

Matt said...

But you looked pretty happy (albeit tired) this morning! AND your outfit WAS very cute.... :)

becky said...

good job. that is awesome. there are a couple of people who ride their bikes to work here and I am jealous. But seeing how I live in Eagle Mountain and work in south provo, I don't think it will be happening. Besides that I have 2 babies in me right now.