Saturday, August 6, 2011

Juggling

You know the analogy of "keeping many balls in the air" when it comes to multitasking?? Well, sometimes I feel like I'm rather guiding them to the ground in a place where they should be as they fall at varying speeds past my face.

Thank goodness I have my awesome family who supports me. They are always willing to look at houses, run races, etc etc.... and they are always willing to crash on the couch with the puppies and catch up on DVR shows.

Today (and the past couple days and the many days to follow) I have A LOT of balls I'm trying to guide around here.

They are as follows, in no particular order of importance:
  • Work at LIFEFLIGHT -- busy!! Four shifts a week (yes, that is overtime) and I was just added to a committee that is working on a big policy change... which means, ANOTHER MEETING EVERY WEEK!!
  • ATHLETIC TRAINING at the College -- I have three sports this fall alone, not to mention two more in the winter. We are in the middle of physicals and pre-season stuff. I am making sure I'm available for games and practices 5-6 times a week.
  • TEACHING at the College - This year I am incredibly blessed to start teaching, it's something I've wanted to do for years now. I have two courses that I am teaching fall semester and another group exercise class - water aerobics!! I'm writing syllabus, course outlines, composing playlists for workouts, class rosters, etc. I'm learning as I'm going!! Stressful, but exciting!
  • Random athletic events.... I always work random events throughout the year and coming up in the next month is an exciting Professional MOTOCROSS AND BMX competition at Powder Mountain Ski Resort. Come on up, it's going to be FUN!! We also have the Dew Tour coming soon. Lots of extreme action sports! Bring on the crashes!! Not to mention these are always an awesome awesome atmosphere.
  • TRAINING FOR THIS SPRINT TRIATHLON!! My bike just showed up yesterday and my awesome friend is putting it together today. I'm excited to get on and give it a spin. I'm trying to fit in the bike/run/swim training schedule, at least one of those every single day. It's hard to get my butt out there, but once I do if feels wonderful. The fear of getting absolutely murdered on this triathlon course is keeping me semi-motivated.
  • FOOD AND EATING. We have switched to a 100% plant based diet; and while I admit that I stray off plan a few times a week, the rest of it takes a lot of time!! Shopping and prepping all this food takes a lot of time and effort. I am loving it, but it's work!
  • DANCE!!! I am taking a modern class every week that I LOVE, I know you have heard be talking about it. I also found an adult tap class that starts in September! The miracle is that it actually works with my weekly schedule!! The fact that I will soon be dancing two times a week just makes me shreek with joy!
  • Why do all the annual checkups/dentist appointments/etc all come at the same time of year?? I need to shift those by a few months... remind me of that. Also, my hip is giving me issues when I run and it's starting to worry me. I'm going in for a bit of extra help with it this coming week, but it's really putting a kink in my stride, literally!! It's a stress, but more something nagging... I'll quit complaining now. :)
  • HOUSE SHOPPING/REMODELING -- Ok, I started browsing for houses and completely accidentally stumbled upon one that I really like. Well, I've signed an offer for it and now it's a waiting game to see if we can pull this off. The thing is, this house needs A LOT of work. It's all cosmetic, but it's still going to make life INSANE if I am blessed with getting this house. There is no doubt that this home could be my DREAM HOME, but it's going to be a steep uphill battle to get there. Either way, I'm proud of the fact that I will own two homes shortly, I'm starting my real estate empire, just like I've always wanted.
  • I've taken on the challenge of planning a family reunion next summer. COMPLICATED!! Trying to find dates, get hotels, etc... Hopefully we can figure out dates soon, then the rest of the planning can start! I'm excited to see everyone. We've never had a Reed family reunion, so this will be great.
  • Business stuff - That's the best way to put it. Still chasing paperwork to deal with someone else's lack of ability to be an upstanding adult. It's taking a lot of time, effort and money, but hopefully it will pay off soon (literally).
  • HAVING A SOCIAL LIFE-- This shouldn't be at the bottom of the list. Honestly, I'm doing a lot of fun things lately. My friends are awesome and we are having fun!! Running 5Ks, a new road/trail combo 8k run a week from today! Bonfires, backyard BBQs, hikes, concerts, camping, movies, etc, etc. I love my friends!
  • AND THEN THERE IS THAT FUN THING CALLED DATING. :)

1 comment:

becky said...

I can't help on most of that but the family reunion part. If you aren't set on a place, there is a place near Rexburg. It is a big house. It seats 4 at the dinner table. I can't remember how many bedrooms but there are enough that all the adults in our family get their own rooms I think that would make 8 and then there is a slide that goes to the kids room and bunks all around the room. They have all kinds of fun things to do right there. They are also close to the sand dunes and tubing down the river. If you are interested eamil me on facebook and I will get you the link to their website. Oh and fairly reasonable price.